Our family calls this trip “The Planes, Trains, Automobiles, and Boats Trip”. We flew to Seattle, drove to Vancouver to take our cruise, then took an Amtrak back down to Seattle. It was a fantastic trip! Check out the itinerary below.
- Flew to Seattle – Via Alaska Airlines (direct flight from MIA)
- Rented a car – Autoslash
- Drove to Pikes Place Market and had Pikes Place Chowder
- Drove to Vancouver – stay in hotel
- Morning Stanley Park
- Drive to cruise terminal, leave car
- Disney Cruise!!! 7 days – read about it here – How much does a Disney Cruise cost?
- We brought 2 cases of water with us and 1 wine bottle per adult
Ports and Excursions
Tracy Arm Fjord – day cruising through the fjord – in the morning we found some lounge chairs on the top deck and blankets – we basically relaxed most of the day there – adults wouldn’t move, but the kids were a little bored at times
Skagway – it was a gold rush town in the late 1800’s and is still “stuck in time” – nice shops and great place to hang out. We just walked the town here.
Juneau – we did whale watching and we really did see them up close – We did the tour with Orca Enterprises
Ketchikan – we did a duck tour with the kids – very enjoyable
Took an Amtrak down to Seattle – very fun experience – kids really loved it. There was free wifi- and the views were spectacular. Be sure to sit on the right hand side.
Seattle Aquarium, Children’s Museum, Space Needle, and did a trolley tour